Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Do-It-Yourself Ant Repellant

With all the rain we have been experiencing lately here in Wichita, I found a few ants creeping into my home.  Watching my oldest son walk around with a paper towel trying to get them, I decided I should see if there was a way to use my essential oils to prevent them from coming in.  Sure enough, I found just the cure!  I have sprayed the offending window and have not seen one ant since.  I will probably spray again in the morning just to ensure they do not return.  The best part is, I do not have to worry about keeping my children away from that window because there are no harmful chemicals involved.

What you need:

  • 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil, or another carrier oil ($9.95 at local health food store)
  • 20 drops dōTerra Essential Lemongrass Oil, more about lemongrass ($13.33 purchased here)
  • a 2 oz or larger spray bottle ($0.97 at Walmart)
 In the spray bottle combine 1/4 cup of grapeseed oil with 20 drops of lemongrass oil.  Shake well and spray area where ants enter (I sprayed in and around the window, and don't forget to get underneath any ledges).  Remember to shake before each use, as the oils will separate from each other.

That's it!  It really is that simple and completely safe to have your children or pets around immediately!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Megan. I've noticed some ants are coming in from my front porch. This is very useful.

    ReplyDelete