By using doTERRA's On Guard proprietary blend, I am confident that these wipes will effectively remove all bacteria from the surface. On Guard contains Cinnamon, Clove Bud, Eucalyptus, Rosemary and Wild Orange. Here is a study showing On Guard's ability to kill MRSA.
Here are the instructions for making your own wipes:
What you need:
- 1 roll of select-a-size paper towels ($7.99/8 rolls = $1.00/roll = $0.50 for half)
- 2 cups warm water, distilled or purified (1 gallon = $1.09/16 cups in a gallon = $0.07 x 2 = $0.14)
- 6 drops On Guard essential oil, or 3 drops On Guard and 3 drops Lemon (On Guard = $0.13/drop x 6 = $0.78; On Guard = $0.13 x 3 = $$0.39 + Lemon = $0.04/drop x 3 = $0.12 = $0.51)
- Plastic tub from commercial wipes (cleaned thoroughly) (sunk cost)
1. Cut the roll of paper towels in half using a serrated knife, and remove the inner cardboard.
2. Insert half the paper towel roll into the cleaned plastic tub. Save the other half to make baby wipes (see post coming soon), or to make more sanitizing wipes.
3. Combine 2 cups warm distilled or purified water with 6 drops On Guard essential oil (or 3 drops On Guard and 3 drops Lemon).
4. Pour water and oil combination over the paper towels. Distribute evenly, to prevent any section of wipes from being dry.
5. Allow paper towels at least 1 hour to absorb solution. It may take longer.
6. When solution has absorbed completely, pull the middle wipe out of the top and feed through the lid. This will allow the wipes to continuously dispense until gone.
Here is my finished product:
I used scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, and spray adhesive to brighten up the look of my new wipes. I also included a tag on the back of the tub with instructions on how to make these again so I will not have to track down the recipe online again when I run out!
In addition to making a full-size version of this, I also used a smaller wipes container to make a travel version. I waited until I had used half a roll of paper towels before cutting and then cut the recipe in half.
If you are interested in learning more about doTERRA Essential Oils, sign up for this FREE e-book: 101 Uses for Essential Oils.